How to Install the UC-PS38 Range Hood with Matt Weber of Home Improvement and Repairs
Say goodbye to your vented microwave and hello to a pro-quality range hood. Learn about Hauslane's DIY installation with this handy guide from Home Improvement and Repairs.
Matt Weber of Home Improvement and Repairs selected Hauslane’s UC-PS38 for his new range hood. This range hood was selected based on its professional design, perimeter suction power, steam-cleaning feature, and six fan speed settings.
Here’s how Matt simplified the process to make installation a breeze:
- Use a cabinet jack to support the microwave when removing it
- Put down a piece of plywood similar in size to the microwave to protect your surfaces
- Tighten the cabinet jack to support the microwave as you remove it after removing the anchor weights and fasteners
- Connect the vent duct
- Make any necessary adjustments to cabinets
- Drill cord access
- Assemble the range hood according to the manufacturers instructions
- You may need blocking to give the cabinet jack an upward extension to support the range hood
- Raise the hood into position
- Fasten the range hood with screws and washers
- For the keyhole slots, use an extension on the driver to drill from below and to fasten them in to save time
- Place aluminum tape around the vent